A/C TEMP ON O2 TACOMA

IS 134A A VERY GOOD FREON? TO ME THE R12 GOT COLDER FASTER IT SEEM TO TAKE A LONG TIEM TO COOL DOWN TO 40 IS 40 A GOOD TEMP?

BAIN15

Reply to
dan baker

there are bigger kick backs on the 134

Reply to
Billstein

R-134a is a good refrigerant. It requires about 20% larger, more power machinery to get the same cooling effect.

40 out of the vents is as low as you should go, and maybe too low. You do not want 32°F in the cooling section or it might frost up and stop air flow.

R-134a is not a Freon. Freon is a registered trade name for DuPont's chlorofluorocarbon refrigerants.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

R-134a (the new stuff) works just fine in a system designed from the factory to use it, and it works almost as well in a R-12 system that is retrofitted to use R-134a.

And Suva is the DuPont registered trade name for many of their other refrigerants. Dupont makes Freon and Suva, nobody else does.

Everyone else makes R-12, R-22, R-134a, etcetera, and if they want to push their own trade name for the product that's their business - but they can't call it Freon or Suva. If they do, DuPont can and will sue them for trademark infringement.

Look at Aspirin - it was a registered trademark of Bayer AG, but they didn't defend it properly for many years. When they finally tried to stop other companies from abusing the name a court ruled that they were too late and voided the trademark, the name is now free to use on all the generics.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

I would not be so bold. R134 is not a good replacement is a sysyem designs for R12, it is the only common over the counter one that they push. R134 is not compatable with R12 oil and to make a conversion work, you have to add extra oil that binds with the R12 oil and allows it all to be carried through system by R134 which cause in a effect a overcharge of oil in system. R134 has less cooling capacity and runs at a higher pressure than R12 which can increase strain on old R12 compressors. As far as performance on a R12 conversion, I have seen some that do poorly and some do okay but none that have done as well as they did with R12. THere are some other after market alternatives to R134 to use as a replacement for R12 and I mayself in my own cars I would only use R134 in a R12 system as a last resort.

Reply to
SnoMan

r-134a is crap. high pressures, low efficiency, poisonous, breaks down to triflouric acid with heat,... i am in the process of changing to iso-butane, it is only explosive.

Reply to
PCK

ok thanks for ur help gess iam wher it sopose to be any ideas on how to get i tto cool faster thanks

BAIN15

Reply to
dan baker

Be SURE the heat is actually fully off. The hot water valve must actually close all the way.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton