Questions about Grille inserts.

I've always wanted to use them because we get alot of gravel dumped on the roads during the winters and have already found small pebbles lodged between the fins of the radiator. Also, my car has a relatively hug gap in the lower bumper area and it's big enough for a good sized rock to pass through. I'd hate to think what could happen enxt if one of those fly through the gap.

But my main concern with grille inserts is that they may restrict the air flow to the radiator too much, thus increasing the temperature in the cooling system.

I'm looking at Cloud Rider grille inserts with the mesh type. The size of the holes can be viewed here,

What do you guys think? Are those holes too small and just might affect the cooling system operating temp? Thanks for your time and courtesy.

Reply to
Steve Lee

Looks like an air blocker to me. Why not just use 1/4" wire mesh-screen-cloth?

Reply to
« Paul »

Hmmm, I'll look into that. Is this readily available at hardware stores or home building centers? Thanks.

Reply to
Steve Lee

Yes. Most of those stores have it (or are out of it). It's galvanized so you will need to use a zinc primer before painting. I've used it before to cover engine air intakes. I also used it under the seat cushions of my car to support the foam rubb= er when the fabric type cloth support failed. And also on the house chimney top to keep the bats out.

Reply to
« Paul »

[snip]

Great, great, thanks for the info. I'll check it out.

Reply to
Steve Lee