Re: 2000 Ford Windstar Fuel Filter Install

Anyone know the correct way the nylon fuel line clips should be = installed

>after putting a new inline fuel filter on a 3.8L Windstar? The new = clips >have pointed caps (visible after pushing onto fuel line) and clips are = not >symmetrical, so it does make a difference which way the caps point, = toward >the filter, or away from the filter, as visible after installation. >I want to get this right the first time if possible, as the old filter = lost >a clip and lost several gallons of gas, fortunately with no disastrous >consequences. Is there a procedure somewhere on the web for doing this >correctly? >Thanks in advance for the help. (No thanks to Jiffy Lube, who =

'installed'

the previous fuel filter.) >

I can't recall that particular model. However if it's the standard 'Ford' clip (I assume so, as this should be a Ford engine), the points on the clips always point in the direction of the fuel line on that side of the filter (away from the filter).

BTW, Ford recommends replacing the clips after removal. I always keep about 4 extra in my box.

Reply to
saeengineer