Fuel Filter Change .....2000 Accord

How often should this be changed? Does the OEM filter come with the two orings that should also be replaced with at the fittings?

Also, where is a good online source for OEM Honda parts like oil filters, wiper inserts, fuel filter, brake pads etc? Seems I had a good one out in Calif last year, but forgot who they were.

Thanks

Bob

Reply to
bob

Sorry.....make that "washers" at the fuel filter connections to be replaced. NOT orings.

Reply to
bob

unless you're getting fuel starvation going up a 30% grade with a trailer on the back and a 450lb hog in the passenger seat, you don't need to replace the filter. on many hondas, that means /ever/.

Reply to
jim beam

Quite right....I should have done more research before posting question.

After further review it would seem the fuel filter is in the fuel tank and not even mentioned in service schedules.

An older non-honda manual incorrectly suggested the fuel filter was located on the firewall - its not.

Reply to
bob

Unless it IS an older honda then the manual is correct.

Reply to
Grahame

The filter in the tank is part of the pump assembly (at least on my 89 Accord it was) and is basically a nut and bolt catcher. The fine mesh filter is usually located in the engine compartment. MLD

Reply to
MLD

No longer true. In the 2000 and newer models, the only fuel filter is in the tank. The replaceable one that used to be in the engine compartment, and before that was under the car, has been eliminated.

Reply to
E Meyer

I wonder why that is? In my older vehicle that has replaceable fuel filter in the fuel line, I am always amazed by the amount of gunk and grit that I find when I change the filter. You would think it would continue to be a good idea to filter the fuel before it gets to the injectors.

Sid

Reply to
Sid

Probably cost savings to them. The in-tank filter is more than just a strainer sock and it is replaceable, but the recommendation is to only change it when symptoms of clogging occur.

Reply to
E Meyer

it is and it does. it doesn't matter where in the line the filer is - in the tank, under the car, in the engine compartment - as long as it's in line with the fuel supply.

Reply to
jim beam