Re: 95 Grand AM engine mystery...!

Thank you guys & gals!

Thanks to the help here I got the brakes done with new pads and rotors, the exhaust replaced and the plugs changed! The patient survived the operations, and so did I.

Not eactly user friendly changing the plugs on thyat beast, but I guess the first time is the hardest. LOL.

Now I am fully topped up on my quota of brownie points with my partner in crime, and I can never have too many of those!

Thanks again. Whew!

Ok - backyard, Sunday afternoon type mechanic (still) working on my > partner's GrandAm to build up the brownie points. > > I have done the brake job and replaced the exhaust. > > The last outstanding thing on the car (95 Grand AM) is to change the plugs > (no dist cap or rotor on it), but trying to figure out how. You must have to > loosen something to get the engine to swivel to get at the rear plugs. > > I tried loosening what I *thought* was the motor mount (a "dogbone" metal > piece on the left hand side of the engine), but it seemed to me the engine > started to drop and there was tension still on the bolts as I was undoing > them, so I figured I'd get more information before I reached the point of no > return with an engine laying on the ground! > > Any ideas? the 'pros' must be killing themseves laughing about now... > > LOL. > >
Reply to
Geezer