Pontiac Grand AM almost stalling

I have a Grand AM 1994 4dr. The Check engine light comes on, usually when it is idling. Sometimes when driving it will feel as though it
is about to stall. Never had it completely stall, but wondering what it could be.
jesa wrote:

What are the codes? That year is obdi.
"user" wrote: > jesa wrote: > > > > I have a Grand AM 1994 4dr. The Check engine light comes > on, usually > > when it is idling. Sometimes when driving it will feel as > though it > > is about to stall. Never had it completely stall, but > wondering what > > it could be. > > What are the codes? That year is obdi.
I havent taken it yet to get the codes. Hopefully Ill have them soon. Otherwise Im looking for what is sounds like it could be.
jesa wrote:

If it is obdi you don't need to take it anywhere to get the codes. Late 94 and 95 were the change-over years.
As to possibilities: Bad, failing, dirty, leaking, clogged: TPS, MAF, MAT, O2, throttle body, IAC, fuel filter, fuel pump, EGR, plug wires, injectors, plugs, vac leak, and a myriad of others. I bet the code is for low maf due to low idle.
"user" wrote: > jesa wrote: > > > > "user" wrote: > &nbsp;> > jesa wrote: > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > > > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > > I have a Grand AM 1994 4dr. The Check > engine light comes > &nbsp;> > on, usually > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > > when it is idling. Sometimes when driving > it will feel as > &nbsp;> > though it > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > > is about to stall. Never had it completely > stall, but > &nbsp;> > wondering what > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > > it could be. > &nbsp;> > > &nbsp;> > What are the codes? That year is obdi. > > > > I havent taken it yet to get the codes. Hopefully Ill > have them > > soon. Otherwise Im looking for what is sounds like it > could be. > > If it is obdi you don't need to take it anywhere to get the > codes. > Late 94 and 95 were the change-over years. > > As to possibilities: > Bad, failing, dirty, leaking, clogged: > TPS, MAF, MAT, O2, throttle body, IAC, fuel filter, fuel pump, > EGR, > plug wires, injectors, plugs, vac leak, and a myriad of > others. > I bet the code is for low maf due to low idle.
Thanks for the help. One last question, how do I get the codes if I dont need to take it in?
jesa wrote:

Lots of info on the web about obdi and obdii. Here is one site that I like: http://www.troublecodes.net/GM /