Pontiac Grand AM almost stalling

I have a Grand AM 1994 4dr. The Check engine light comes on, usually when it is idling. Sometimes when driving it will feel as though it is about to stall. Never had it completely stall, but wondering what it could be.

Reply to
jesa

What are the codes? That year is obdi.

Reply to
« Paul »

"user" wrote: > jesa wrote: > > > > I have a Grand AM 1994 4dr. The Check engine light comes > on, usually > > when it is idling. Sometimes when driving it will feel as > though it > > is about to stall. Never had it completely stall, but > wondering what > > it could be. > > What are the codes? That year is obdi.

I haven?t taken it yet to get the codes. Hopefully I?ll have them soon. Otherwise I?m looking for what is sounds like it could be.

Reply to
jesa

If it is obdi you don't need to take it anywhere to get the codes. Late 94 and 95 were the change-over years.

As to possibilities: Bad, failing, dirty, leaking, clogged: TPS, MAF, MAT, O2, throttle body, IAC, fuel filter, fuel pump, EGR, plug wires, injectors, plugs, vac leak, and a myriad of others. I bet the code is for low maf due to low idle.

Reply to
« Paul »

"user" wrote: > jesa wrote: > > > > "user" wrote: >  > > jesa wrote: >   > > >

Thanks for the help. One last question, how do I get the codes if I don?t need to take it in?

Reply to
jesa

Lots of info on the web about obdi and obdii. Here is one site that I like:

« Paul »