Re: 98 Sable - No heat when moving

Thanks for the ideas and the feedback. Unfortunately, unless I messed

> something up along the line (which is certainly possible), I think I > have already eliminated most of the ideas. I guess I forgot to > mention, but the thermostat was changed a couple weeks ago. That > seems to be working fine. The coolant level is OK. The blower motor > is OK; it is definitely moving air. The temperature gauge stays at > the 1/3 mark regardless of whether the car is sitting there or > moving. > Jim suggested perhaps there is a vacuum leak in the system that > controls the doors that regulate airflow. I have not really noticed > anything strange about the operation of the system. It does not seem > to be slow to respond, but I have not really been thinking about it, > either. I will try to do some research on this. In the meantime, if > anyone has ideas on how to definitively determine whether this system > has a problem or not, I'd be glad to hear them. Thanks much! > - Phil
Reply to
philthy

You might twant to look for a crack in the little plastic vacume line where it goes through the firewall. That's what kept my AC from blowing at driving speed (ie. low vacume situations like gradual accerlation and such).

Reply to
Brcobrem

Hey, I just wanted to let everyone know what the deal was on this. I took it in to my mechanic. Like I mentioned, he had already flushed the heater core recently, and he had always used a Prestone flush. When he did the flush, he wasn't getting anything out to speak of. Anyway, he did some research and found out about a product called Matilda or something like that, I guess, from NAPA. He used that, and he got a bunch of black junk out of there. Heater works great now, regardless of vehicle speed and blower speed.

Reply to
pbright

It pays to flush out your cooling system every year. Adds life to the components.

Reply to
Shawn

There was very little hot air coming out of my Lincolns heater. Dealer replaced a $56 sensor under the dash. Now it makes plenty of heat.

Reply to
Bailey B