Re: Anyone ever added windows to a cargo van?

Considering making my own passenger van conversion from a cargo van... >

> Any tips or suggestions on windows? > > thank you thank you!! > > -supa

You should go to a automotive salvage yard, pick up the accessories you

*-need from wrecked vehicles, much less expensive and all the little extra pieces are most often still attached. Also the factory door roof and wall insulation panels and trim covewrings are available for a fraction of the cost of new or aftermarket. You may also find the accessory items such as auxiliary a/c coil, heater core and blower fans are all there. Complete seats, restraints etc., are all available there Suppa-*
Reply to
gas guzzler

I have been building custom vans for the past twenty+ years, and am a bodyman by trade. You are correct most conversions started life as work vans. Window installations are not very difficult although finding parts sources is increasingly difficult. I purchase most of my parts through the local speed & custom shops. Salvage yards are also a great source. I have recently disassembeled a conversion that was hit head on, and may have the windows you are looking for.

Reply to
capndan