Re: bought car that was inspected but brakes were SHOT, dealer is being a ****

You'd need an affadavid from the shop that fixed it for openers or bring them to court with you. This is what I'd do:

The old parts would help but whose to say they came off THAT car. I'd get the old parts though. Should have took pictures before you did anything to the vehicle.

I'd try and settle this thing reasonably first unless they insist on going to court. I'd work up what they owe me and send them a bill certified mail with a letter. Demand a response and have a default response if they elect to ignore you. You may have to threaten and be prepared to use legal action. Sounds like a small claims deal if it goes that far.

**Disclaimer: Any advise here is soley public forum chatter. I in no way am legally advising you to do or not do anything. Thats as far as I go.
Reply to
ed

hmmmm. Did they warranty the car at all? Maybe they should have had a chance to make it right first. Surely though you wern't expecting a brake bill after buying something that was certified as being good.

my .04

Reply to
ed

First of all, I understand your anger, and it is probably justified. But, unless you have some sort of guarantee in writing, it is unlikely that you will be able to get the dealer to do anything.

It sounds like you are past the point you can discuss the issue civilly.

In Texas, you can sue under the Deceptive Trade Practises Act. You can get your real damages times three. You have to make your case, but that isn't too hard to do in many cases.

If you dont live in Texas, see if you have a consumer protection law that you can employ.

If not, you have basically paid what we, in Norwegian, call 'lærepenger', meaning money you have had to fork up to learn a lesson. Sorry.

Reply to
<HLS