Re: Hesitation at middle RPM under moderate load

that's probably a bad idea on any car with a catalytic converter. A mix of water and ATF will do much the same thing, and "decarbonize" the engine as well.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

That would mean spending ANOTHER 90 minutes waiting to speak to someone on the phone. At some point, I'd have to jack up my cell plan to the next tier.

Toyota is understaffed and hiding behind its phone system.

Now there's a "campaign" (not a recall) which involves the application of some kind of rust preventitive on the frame so the spare doesn't fall off (02 Tacoma). Probably a half a can of Rustoleum and some spit. I've come to the conclusion that Toyota is just kidding around, like the American manufacturers were in the 1970s.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

What makes you think the problem is actually the cat?

I'd start checking the downstream oxygen sensor, and just as importantly the wiring to that sensor. A damaged connector or wire is not an expensive proposition.

Is that 83k of highway miles or stop and go miles?

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

My mechanic based his first guess on probability & past experience. Since he's suggesting I go elsewhere for the work (better deal), he stands to make nothing with his guess. He did mention the oxygen sensor as a possibility, though.

About half & half.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I wouldn't mind if they did that to mine, but they'd probably insist that I empty the glove box & console first. What a chore.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B wrote in news:4c4b6410$0$74748$ snipped-for-privacy@read01.usenetall.se:

How old is the coil?

Reply to
Tegger

All the gas comes from the same place in most cases. The only difference is the additive packages they throw in with it, depending on where it's going. It's just that some additive packs are better than others it seems.. Down here, a lot of the convenience stores sell Diamond Shamrock, Valero, etc..

Reply to
nm5k