Re: Increases horsepower and Save fuel

You can use FFI caps to save money

Horse shit saves you more money... buy a horse. feed it lawn clippings. Use the poop for your garden.. When it gets too old to carry you, eat it.

FFI caps? ???????

Reply to
<HLS

U.S.Army has tried out a lot of thingys before, relating to U.S.Army vehicles.Some of them sort of worked ok, some of them didn't pan out at all. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

| The link says nothing about how it is supposed to work typical con

Quality products in UK should have AA / RAC approval : I bought

2 approved by AA, both were good, (i) Mobelec's electronic ignition (ii) Sparkrite's low resistance cables.
Reply to
TE Chea

Older model vehicles used somewhere around seven horsepower just to drive those old alternators.It all depends on the specific alternator(s) though.Some big vehicles use quite a bit more than seven horsepower.

I once heard on my Shortwave radio about a guy in Alabama who builds some ''certain kinds'' of CB radios for 18 wheeler truck drivers and his CB radios require seven alternators to get them up to ''speed''.Just aim that antenna and his CB radios will kill the electronics in a vehicle. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I am not joking at all about the CB radios that guy in Alabama builds.(I don't know if he still builds them though.I would like to own one of those CB radios, just for the heck of it) About eight years ago, one night, I was listening to one of my old CB radios and I heard an 18 wheeler truck driver guy out there on I-20 say he was talking on his CB radio to a guy in New Zealand. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Probably so. The whole idea of a transmitter powerful enough to 'fry electronics' is rather suspect. I've parked my car next to a TV transmitter many times and suffered no ill effects. I think these things run at around 50 KW output.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

I have an old, 'modified' for a base station tower, Cobra CB and Pick up a gent on the west coast of Canada on BC's Sunshine Coast on a regular basis when I am up on the Central Canadian Shield in Ontario near Algonquin Park. (just south of James Bay) He comes in really clear too.

I also have had 2 way conversations several times to Martha's Vineyard from Toronto Canada.

I get truckers 2 way from along the Mississippi all the time.

One gent I was teaching how to use his work transmitter system had a nasty CB. We were in a parking lot doing deliveries at a mini mall and the cops showed up making sure he had the sucker off when they saw us. Apparently the night before, he set off every silent alarm in the whole mall when he keyed up. He almost had swat teams responding.

Another friend boosted his own up and he 'multiplied' the signal 3 times when he though he was 'adding' 3 times. The Military came after him! he was talking to someone when a military jet flew over that town and he seriously interfered with the jets instruments. They rolled into town with the trucks and their directional antennas looking for him. He got a serious talking too and had to dismantle the modifications while they watched.

Some of these babies put out!

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile... Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! Jan/06
Mike Romain

It's those ''nasty'' CB radios I like the best. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Of course, you can buy one of those gizmos from

and give people head aches.Or rig up an old microwave oven. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

It's called "skip" and it's a result of the signal bouncing between the earth's surface and the ionosphere, which lowers at night and makes skip more intense. Other receivers between the transmitter and yours won't pick up the distant station because the signal skips over them. The distant signal will often fade out as the ionosphere varies or as you move out of the earth-contact area.

Dan

Reply to
Dan_Thomas_nospam

The last time I checked, radios didn't emit ionizing radiation. (The ones with extremely high plate voltages usually have shielding.)

Reply to
clifto