More horsepower?

I've been thinking of purchasing a new Maxima but seeing as the Altima has more horses, is there any word on whether Maxima will be getting more
horsepower in '08?
Why did they give the Altima more horses and not the Maxima?
Ken
--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.
NJ Vike wrote:

The Altima has been handed the throne of 4DSC, past on from the Maxima. The Max is addressing a diffferent crowd now. The 6 speed manual is no longer available on the Max but still is an option on the V6 Altima.
CD

Indeed, the Altima is aimed at the younger, sportier, crowd, whereas the Maxima seems to be aimed at the "family" sedan which would explain why it's not getting more horses. Personally, I just bought an '01 SE and it's been more than enough for me. I would have liked to have gotten the 3-litre but it wasn't in my price range at this time.
Good Luck!
Thanks for the reply.
Ken