Mustang horsepower

Anyone know the horsepower ratings for a 01 cobra and GT and a 03 Cobra and GT.? stock of course. any difference between the auto and manual?

Reply to
Defiant

mustangjoe

Reply to
mustangjoe

The GT's have been 260 from 1999-2004 and for the most part that is what they delivered. The 2001 Cobra was rated at 320 but many were found to be over-rated from the factory. Ford instituted a "fix" that included new exhaust, computer etc. to try and get them to their rated hp. Some made it and some didn't.

The 2003-2004 Cobras actually made more hp than Ford advertised. The consensus was they were around 420-425 from the factory and not the 390 Ford claimed.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

All correct, and to answer the other question, the GT's had the same bhp for auto's and manuals. The Cobras never came with an automatic.

Reply to
WraithCobra

I had a dyno test done on my 2002GT 5 speed with the following mods. Accufab Plenum and 70MM TB, Maganflow cat back, K & N drop in filter.

The result is 243 rwhp. 285 rwtq.

Martin

Reply to
Martin

Not too bad. Roughly 226rwhp from factory... how much was the 70MM TB?

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

Assuming a 15% drive train loss for the manual tranny that puts you at

285 bhp. Considering your modifications from stock I bet your car was close to 260 bhp as delivered by the dealer.
Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

I purchased the plenum & TB directly from Accufab. Honestly do not remember the exact amount but $440 sounds close for both pieces. A little pricy however fit and finish are excellent. Martin

Reply to
Martin

Hell $440 isn't too bad for both... pretty nice little car, Martin =).

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

Reply to
dave

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

On 11 Feb 2005 06:38:17 -0800, "Martin" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Power, you want power?

Checkout

nowthat is power.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

ZombyWoof wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Suh-Weet.

Joe

Wow, now that is a serious performance car. I bet it isn't too for off the performance figures for the Ford GT for 1/4 the price. Gotta love that.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Poor guy can't read. Somebody tell him this is a Mustang group. BTW, There are many-many Stangs out there that will cream this money pit.

"ZombyWoof" wrote in msg>

Power, you want power?

Reply to
Mr.Bill

Don't be a troll =( The Corvette is a damn nice car. There are plenty of Corvettes & other cars that would walk all over the Mustangs that can beat the Vette. It's a nearly never-ending cycle. Let it go.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

"Mr.Bill" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net:

Some of us can appreciate good hardware when we see it. Apparently other narrow-minded people can't.

Heavily modded for tons more money. And guess what? There are Subarus that will beat those Mustangs. So what's your point?

Joe

Good advice. And "nearly"? No, it truly is never-ending. And pointless. Mothra vs. Godzilla. Pro wrestling. ZZZZZZ.

Reply to
Wound Up

I say nearly b/c there are only so many cars that exist =D. Or at least I hope!