Re: indusrial grade paint

A friend of mine painted his 60 chevy with Nappa industrial grade enamel paint,

> They mixed it to the color he wanted. I think he told me it was $ 35 a gallon. > I couldn't believe how good it looked. My question is, what will happen to > this paint over the years? Did he screw up ?

I started a "resto on a budget" of a '56 Golden Hawk a few years ago, I used some cheap catalyzed enamel that was intended as fleet paint for the underhood and inner fenders, still looks good after sitting outside for 2+ years. I have done zero maintenance to it as I was planning on repainting "correctly" down the road.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel