Inner Fender Paint

Did Studebaker use body color inner fender paint at the factory? Was it more of a satin color? I am wondering what to paint my NOS inner fenders on my 1966 Cruiser with.

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

.... The same thing you paint the outside with......

There is no difference. The "satin" effect is age, and noone cleaned and waxed the inner fenders of their daily-driver. Also, the paint just wasn't as good back then to hold up to the temperatures and abuse from the engine compartment.

Ray

Reply to
Studeman

Reply to
John Poulos

I probably should not have said inner fenders. I mean the area on the back of the fender in the wheel well that would be visible looking up in the wheel well.

Studeman wrote:

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

generally- it's a poor coating of body-color overspray.....

Ray

Studeman wrote: Michael - Roseland FL wrote:

Did Studebaker use body color inner fender paint at the factory? Was it more of a satin color? I am wondering what to paint my NOS inner fenders on my 1966 Cruiser with.

.... The same thing you paint the outside with......

There is no difference. The "satin" effect is age, and noone cleaned and waxed the inner fenders of their daily-driver. Also, the paint just wasn't as good back then to hold up to the temperatures and abuse from the engine compartment.

Ray

--------------020305080506000909030700--

Reply to
Studeman

Michael - Roseland FL wrote:

I probably should not have said inner fenders. I mean the area on the back of the fender in the wheel well that would be visible looking up in the wheel well.

Studeman wrote: Michael - Roseland FL wrote:

Did Studebaker use body color inner fender paint at the factory? Was it more of a satin color? I am wondering what to paint my NOS inner fenders on my 1966 Cruiser with.

.... The same thing you paint the outside with......

There is no difference. The "satin" effect is age, and noone cleaned and waxed the inner fenders of their daily-driver. Also, the paint just wasn't as good back then to hold up to the temperatures and abuse from the engine compartment.

Ray

Reply to
Bill Glass