Re: Saturn SL1 Alternator and Transmission

Hey all,

> > Would a dead alternator affect the automatic transmission in its final > minutes before the car goes dead? > I was driving Friday night and the transmission was acting weird and when i > got home the car died. > Boosted it Sunday, after letting it run for a while , i put it drive and > tried to advance in idling speed and once again transmission was acting > weird, then put my foot on the brake for a few minutes and the car died > again and unable to start? > > Alternator or Am i jumping to conclusions thinking its my transmission? > > Thanks-- > Marc Allain > >
Reply to
Lister

Low electrical system voltage can indeed have an effect like you mentioned, because there is not enough voltage to operate the shift/line-pressure control solenoids properly. My guess is there is nothing actually wrong with the transmission.

Reply to
Robert Hancock