Re: The $500 Prius car key....

All my vehicles use old fashioned keys.I can get a new one made for less than two dollars.That's the best kind of keys. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Don't know, but a replacement key for my AMC Hornet costs 2 bucks from a local locksmith, using the original factory code rather than copying the old worn key. I'll be keeping this car a while longer.

Reply to
Roger Blake

And if you live in NYC, you have half a dozen locks on your door, and half a dozen door locks keys to keep up with. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

A few days ago, in my local area, I saw on TV news a woman stepped into a store for a minute, she left her two years old kid in her SUV and the key in the ignition switch.While she was in the store, somebody stold her SUV.When he discovered the kid was in the back seat, he parked the SUV way over in another part of town.

Things similiar to that happen very often all over America.Dummies leaving the key in the ignition switch.It only takes a second for a thief to jump in there and get going.Those Dummies might as well put a sign on their vehicle,,, Steal This Vehicle Please! cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin