Reclaim R-134a for free?

Anyone have experience with getting R-134A reclaimed for free? I figured since they resell it, I should be able to find a place to take it for free or a low fee. The first place I checked with wanted $80 to pull it out.

I have a slow leak in one of the lines (and it only leaks when the compressor is running). I have the new line, but need to have the remaining refrigerant removed first.

-thanks

Reply to
zirconx9

Anyone stupid enough to do it for free isn't someone you want working on your AC to begin with.

Reply to
aarcuda69062