Releasing the spare tire

I have a 95 Nissan XE P/U and I can't for the life of me figure out how to release the spare tire from under the truck bed. There is about an 8 inch loop of small chain hanging from center of the tire, but other than pulling on it I don't know what to do. TIA

Reply to
Maui Dude

There should be some kind of lowering mechanism (from the ones I've seen, it's built into the bumper). You take the lug wrench and attach it to whatever is on the bumper, turn it a couple times (more like a dozen or so) and the tire should lower. All this should be found in the owners manual if you own a copy

-Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Chang