88 accord axle question (5spd)

After replacing the cv boot, I tested by running the car in 1st while up on the jack.

One wheel was spinning much faster than the other, sometimes one would not spin at all while the other was spinning. Is this normal? Does the tranny 'choose' which wheel to apply power to?

Reply to
Martik

"Martik" wrote

The differential will send power to the wheel with the least resistance. What you are seeing is normal behaviour. One of the wheels might be encountering a bit more drag from the disc brakes then the other. I wouldn't worry about it too much. I see this all the time when spinning up wheels on a vehicle which is on the hoist.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai