95 Pathfinder spare tire question

I just replaced the tires on my truck and I kept 2 of the old tires that had about 40% tread left. I figured I could mount one of them on the rear spare tire rim so that I wouldn't be stuck with the temporary spare while off road or pulling a trailer. Can I mount a 31x10.5x15 tire on the factory spare rim? Or is it too narrow?

Dave

Reply to
DS

Jon Smith

If it's a standard rim a 10.5x31 should fit just fine

Reply to
Meat-->Plow

Thanks, it's not the standard alloy wheel but a temporary spare steel rim. I suspect it's too narrow but I thought I'd ask. I'll probably just buy a new steel rim for it.

Reply to
DS