Removing engine on Ford Aspire

hi, I need to remove engine on a 1996 Ford Aspire. Can this be removed without removing trans with it. Please say yes, so I wont have to remove those axles. thanks kevin

Reply to
Kevin

According to the link's breakdown, answer is Yes, but halfshafts have to be pulled. I didn't go through the whole link, though. I stopped at the manual trans. part, as U didn't state manual or auto.

Anyhoo, HTH

Reply to
Knifeblade_03

Knifeblade_03 wrote in news:Knifeblade snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.nodomain.com:

stopped

Well, its a manual trans. The problem I see is there doesn't seem to be enough room to slide the engine forward, toward the passanger fender, to clear the clutch and flywheel. thanks

Reply to
Kevin

You can fiddle with different ways to avoid removing the axles, but why? Just be careful with the axle seals as you remove/replace the axles. Check them to be sure that the garter springs inside the seals haven't popped loose and that the seal lips are undamaged before replaceing the axles.

So.......

Pull the trans out from the bottom (it weighs about as much as a large truck starter!). You may want to drain it first and note what kind of oil came out or check the owner's manual for oil type. This way you won't make as much of a mess during removal. During this operation you can support the engine with a crane from above to keep it as level as possible. After the trans is out, remove remaining items holding the engine in place, finishing with the front engine support mount. Pull engine out the top with your crane.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish