replacing bench seat with bucket seat

Have you ever replaced a bench seat in your car with a bucket seat,if so please share your experience with me.I have a 1973 Chevrolet Nova and I'm thinking about replacing the badly worn front bench seat with a bucket seat.I saw some new bucket seats at Pep boys priced around 160 bucks. I plan to visit my local salvage yard to see what else is available. Thanks in advance for your help.

Reply to
Disruptor

Did one just the other day for a friend. Check the floor pan under the carpet to see if there are stud/ bolt marking for the seat mounts (close to the hump). Then find the seats with mount brackets that will fit your floor. There are at least 1000 different mount legs and it will make you crazy. The seat mount spacings should be very close too..

Pete

Reply to
pete selby

Helped do this on a friend's 72 Nova. We got buckets from an 88 GrandAm from the scrap yard. He got a rail kit that gave him inner mounts. He had to weld them to the floor.

Ray

Reply to
ray