Rotors, Resurfacing and the Law: How the Glad/Midas Lawsuit Will Change How You Sell Brakes

Misleading advertising is illegal here, too. But someone has to do the investigation and make it stick. Read the article, and think about how many investigators had to go to how many places, and how expensive all the work was on the cars to dummy them up.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Clive wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@yewbank.demon.co.uk:

There's beer imported from Germany *called* beer in Germany with alcohol content over 8%. QED. Germany is *very* strict about the definition of beer.

Reply to
fred

Tim Wescott wrote in news:G5ydnVbxFdaeDuTWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@web-ster.com:

Well that *was* a special case. The the vast majority would involve only one store.

Reply to
fred

The Ancients found a clever solution to this pressing problem:

AMuzi

In message , fred writes

I don't doubt it, they're very strict about a lot of things especially engineering, Their cars are second only to Japan (Though Chrysler made a nasty mess of Daimler Benz. (Pronounced Dime-ler) However, as what they've exported to you is called Beer and not Bier, it's been made for your market taking your tastes into account and probably has no resemblance to it's own (very palatable crystal clear) Bier.

Reply to
Clive

Clive wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@yewbank.demon.co.uk:

Lowenbrau?? Bought at the Government run liquor store which is the *only* place you can buy *any* imported alcohol here? Look, beer is defined as barley yeast, water and hops. Any of this other nonsence such as - "well that's not 'beer yeast' is pure nonsence. The point has been made proven and the lights have been turned off at the brewery and the night watchman is comfortably asleep in his hut. This whole thing has gotten pointless. Do some *real* research assuming any of you arguing with me are even *old* enough to *buy* alcohol in the first place, which I'm starting to seriously doubt.

Reply to
fred

In message , fred writes

I'm in my 60s and made home brew beer and wine) for about 20 years as it worked out as only 9p per pint. That was all ingredients including sterilizing and Fining.

Reply to
Clive

snipped-for-privacy@web-ster.com:

From reading TFA, it sounds a lot less clear cut than I expected. Yes, it is misleading to advertise a brake job and not include resurfacing the rotors, but then again, if that is company policy, the mechanic was just doing his job by recommending same. Resurfacing the rotors when replacing the pads is the only sure way to ensure that there's no callbacks for noise etc. Sure, *I* have replaced pads without resurfacing rotors before, but only on my own vehicles.

nate

Reply to
N8N

41% ABV, almost certainly made with a turbo yeast and almost certainly nasty-tasting.

And you thought Tennant's Super was bad....

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

In message , Scott Dorsey writes

In calling it an amplified ale, it's is almost certainly distilled or very fortified.

Reply to
Clive

nate

***** Our company mechanic, with whom I worked for several years, very often did not have the rotors machined when he re-padded a car. He could tell - by eye- if the rotor was damaged enough to require machining, and I'll have to say that he got it right approaching 100% of the time.

If I ran a shop, I would - to keep my business and conscience clean - probably resurface every rotor that came in and could take a cut. Resurface can take on several levels of involvement.

On my own cars, I machine them if I see that they need machining. Just like you do, I imagine.

Reply to
hls