Shudder in 95 Riviera, OBD1?

Hello all I picked up a 1995 Buick Riviera recently. 58k miles. It's got a nasty shudder under moderate to hard acceleration in the higher gears. I cut the torque convertor clutch wires which helped somewhat. The MIL and traction control light are on most of the time. Any ideas?

The emissions sticker says it's an OBDI system, but the datalink connector looks like OBDII. It won't fit my OBDII scanner however. An older GM scantool won't fit either. Is this some kind of transitional system that requires a (gasp) proprietary tool to get the codes out? Thank you dean s afton mn

Reply to
das

David J and Lynne J Shepherd

Thanks for the reply.

This car had new plugs and wires 6k miles ago, but I will certainly investigate. It's weird - It accelerates hard in all gears under full throttle up to over 100 mph. If I back off to 30 to 60 and then step on it, I get the shudder. Trans was flushed at 29k and 50k mi.

Thanks

Dean s

Afton mn

Reply to