slipping in 2nd?

i have an 88 taurus 3.0 that had its transmission rebuilt, and it slips in second sometimes

almost all of the time when we have taken it to the transmission guy, he drives it, and it's fine .. i even drove with him, and it was just fine

finally he drove it and it slipped in 2nd

sometimes the transmission acts absolutely perfect sometimes it doesn't

is there anything that could be causing this besides the transmission???

thanks

Reply to
Christopher

Transmissions do not heal by themselves. Take the vehicle back to the shop and leave it there until it is properly repaired, WBMA.

mike hunt

Christ>

Reply to
MikeHunt

The transmission is 100% hydraulic, meaning there is no electronic controls except for torque converter lock up. So if the transmission for the most part shifts correctly there is nothing external that will cause the problem, but I would not hesitate to have the TV cable adjustment double checked. One thing does come to mind, the intermediate band servo is feed by a tube that must be removed on disassembly. If the tube was not put in correctly, fluid leakage can occur causing the slip. If the tube comes out completely you will not have 2nd gear.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

My 95 Windstar does the same thing (again, sometimes). This may sound stupid, but what is this "TV cable adjustment" you refer to.

Reply to
<sandy.hawes

T V = Throttle Valve Cable

transmission???