- Starter or Solenoid ? -

The new battery delivers good electricity, but my 96 Intrepid 33L wont turn

- completely dead, a silent death. Is it the starter, the solenoid or what else? Can anyone help to locate the problem ? and please show me how to replace them with new parts ?

Thank you! quy2006 @ Gmail . com

Reply to
Intrepid33

What's about control lights, is voltage dropping below?

Regards,

Ralf

Reply to
Ralf Ballis

"Intrepid33" wrote: (96 Intrepid 33L)

New battery delivers good electricity, but engine won't turn. Completely dead. Is it the starter, the solenoid or what? And please tell me how to install the replacement parts. __________________________________________________

Please provide a little more information:

1.) How did the condition first appear? 2.) Why did you install a new battery? 3.) What shows that the battery is "delivering good electricity"? 4.) Did the no-start condition exist with the old battery? 5.) Do the dash lights dim when the key is turned to START? 6.) Is there any sound at all when the key is turned to START?

If you describe the problem in as much detail as possible, someone in this newsgroup will probably have a solution.

Good luck.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan

try this - Turn on the (fully charged batt) headlights to full bright, have someone stand in front to one side, so they can see the headlights - turn the ignition to start position - if the lights dim out = bad connections or bad cables. If you hear the starter (engage) click but not turn-the-engine-over = starter motor issue. If the starter just spins, no clicking = solenoid issue. If the head lights stay bright, and no spinning or click sound = No starter is connected ie perhaps someone needed more then you did!

Reply to
Daryl Bryant