Subaru Legacy block heater Q

Ok, where the heck does the block heater go on an 02 Legacy (2.5L)?

It's 30 below here, and last winter the car was garaged and sat indoors more than not... this winter it's outside. I went to go plug it in and ... I have a bad feeling this car was ordered without one. (Only had the car two winters....)

I can't find the cord, so I'm now trying to find where on the block the heater would be to determine if I just need a cord or a block heater too.

It's a flat 4 - is it on top? Underneath? I can find one on a small block chevy blindfolded, but this is my first Subaru.

Ray

Reply to
news

Ray, I think but I'm not sure, you want heat down low. Like the oil pan. The pan on those is about the size of a chevy oil filter, maybe above the cross member. Hope this helps, I shudder when anyone mentions Subaru, (concerns a large tree and a lifting strap.)

Reply to
wws