Q on proper block heater usage:

So I had a block heater installed recently- can't use it yet for lack of an outside outlet- but I was wondering what kind of time is required for this to warm up the block (as much as it is capable of)? Obviously this depends on the outside temperature, so let's say it's zero fahrenheit outside, am I looking at overnight? an hour? half-hour? 10 minutes?

If it matters it's an '87 900S (NA 2.0L 4-cylinder) w/Saab block heater. I just replaced the battery and have been taking it inside at night- this appears to be a dramatic improvement over last winter all by itself.

TIA

Reply to
S R Sharp

I've only ever dealt with one vehicle with a block heater, it got plugged in every night during the winter so it was warm enough to fire up in the morning.

Reply to
James Sweet