Sun/moon roof drain question?

Gentlemen;

I have three vehicles (96 JGC, 99 Dodge Durango, 02 PT Czr) that all have factory installed moon roofs. The one on the Durango floods the interior when we get severe rain. I've had the dealer look at it numerous times and even left it there when it rained and he/they actually saw the flood. Each time they state that they've "cleaned out the clogged draings" and then it appears to be OK for a while. But it always reoccurs.

I've been searching the repair manuals and the web for instructions on cleaning the draings and I have found how to replace them (from the cowl) but NOT how to clean them out.

Can anyone advise me how to even locate where the entrances may be and how in the world I might be able to get an air hose nozzle in there to blow them out periodically? I'd be doing all three vehicles every month or so especially with the fall coming on here in the Northeast.

Thanks all.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Mariotti

Be very careful in doing this. The last thing you want to do is blow the plastic tube off the end of the drain. I did this to a Pinto I had. I ended up tearing out the headliner to reattach and it was not a pleasant job at all. After that experience, I used pipe cleaners and canned air with an extended nozzle that would go inside the tube.

Reply to
EB

Reply to
tim bur