Insect Screen for Moon Roof

This is a great group.

I would appreciate constructive suggestions for installing a non-destructive and removable insect screen on a 2002 Camry moon roof.

My other vehicles had metallic frames around the windows and roof openings, so rubber magnetic strips sewn (hem-like) into a fiberglass screen material worked like a dream to allow air circulation without insects.

The Camry seems to have a very attractive upholstered plastic (so non-magnetic). I was thinking Velcro but fear that would look tacky, and possibly damage the car interior.

TIA Bob Giel Los Angeles, Calif.

Reply to
Bob Giel

You actually have bugs in SOCAL?

Reply to
Sharx35

Yes, we have bugs in SOCAL. Some with six legs and others with two.

Seriously, my reason for asking is a planned trip to Yellowstone and a few other camping trips, before that, where time and other restraints may require my sleeping in the car.

In those cases, I'd like to crack open the moon roof just a bit, to let out moisture and excess heat, without having a swarm of whatever bugs live in the area joining me in the car.

It is vital that I have a really good seal and keep out every single insect, large and small.

I was thinking of making a flexible screen that might fit into the groove for the sliding cover. If I slide back the cover first, a screen might fit into the space it leaves behind, but proper sealing could be a problem.

Right now, that's my best idea unless I attach magnets to the outside of the roof and only slide back the roof glass instead of tilting it upward, as I wanted to do..

Bob Giel

Los Angeles

Text snipped for space

Reply to
Bob Giel

The latter would be those DEMONrat ones in L.A., eh?

Reply to
Sharx35