th400 part location

All, I was doing a filter replace on a th400 that i had sitting in the garage. So i decided to flip it over and install a shift kit. I was cleaning the valve body with some solvent, and then dryed it off with some compressed air. When I was done, I noticed a part I have never seen before laying on a towel underneath me. It is a little filter or restrictor thing. It is similar in shape to a pencil that is about an inch long. It tapers at one end and the other is a "brass" collar. It looks like brass, but may not be. This filter or restritctor is made out of metal mesh, this is a 1969 transmission, but a newer one is probably plastic. Does anyone know where in the valve body this thing goes?

Reply to
drews_94580