The Professor Who Battled Toyota And Survived

I think this is probably the one place that the old adage "It ain't rocket science" has met it's best use.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Does kinda sound that way, doesn't it.

It seems to be the same kind of envy against the 'biggest' that wants to tax those evil rich people into oblivion.

And does anyone remember what Ray LaHood said when all this news first broke? I'll paraphrase: "We're going to tack Toyota to the wall!"

I wonder if he had ketchup on his crow yesterday?

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

That bunch of jurors, I believe, were prejudiced before the trial started. Johnny Cochran did, however, make a lot of assertions that made them doubt the evidence ("If the glove doesnt fit, you got to acquit") The glove actually did fit.

I believe that there was plenty of proof that O.J. did it.

Reply to
hls

The jury reached the conclusion that the glove did not fit. The glove was found in the driveway. It is obvious that the glove got there either because OJ dropped it or because it was evidence planted by the police. The acquittal was because some jurors felt there wasn't enough evidence to tell which version of the story was true. That is called reasonable doubt.

Reply to
jim

It is all in the perception. I followed this trial closely. I dont believe there was reasonable doubt, either now nor then.

Reply to
hls

In message , hls writes

I followed it closely as well and I thought he was guilty. However if I lived in America and the state that I was in had the death penalty, I would not have been able to find him guilty. It's a case of once you've murdered someone, if better evidence comes to the fore, you can't bring them back to life.

Reply to
Clive

The death penalty is not given very often here, and is less often exercised.

I wouldnt want any innocent person to be given the death penalty. And, in fact, here in Texas we find it is much more expensive to enforce the death penalty than to give the person life without parole. Only in the last few years has LWOP be available to the judicial system here, IIUC.

Some people should not be allowed to live in contact with the normal population.

Reply to
hls

It looks highly likely that he did do it. The jury properly acquitted as evidence had passed through a perjurer, Furman.

As my ex the attorney says, 'We have a legal system not a justice system'.

Reply to
AMuzi

I would have to refresh myself, but that Furman was a perjurer was also nebulous. Depending upon his alleged perjury, though, need not influence the other evidence in the case, which was substantial.

Reply to
hls