Ford Invests $155 Million In Fuel-Efficient V-6

I Must be old, because I still think it needs 8 cylinders...

But hats off to the fuel efficiency. Just wish they wouldn't put v6's in mustangs.

Reply to
Picasso

Except the new V6 for the 2011+ models makes more power than many of the=20 classic V8's, especially if you adjust between the old gross and newer=20 net/certified.

--=20 If there is a no_junk in my address, please REMOVE it before replying! All junk mail senders will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the=20 law!!

Andrew Rossmann

I think the only reason they did this was a knee jerk reaction to the high HP v6 in the camaro and its surging sales. Its the 60's all over again in a small way.

bob

Reply to
bob urz

The 2011 Mustang V6 has more HP than then 2010 V8, but the 2011 V8 is up to

415 HP with BETTER fuel mileage as well

I Must be old, because I still think it needs 8 cylinders...

But hats off to the fuel efficiency. Just wish they wouldn't put v6's in mustangs.

Reply to
Mike Hunter