Three Tesla employees Identified/confirmed dead in small plane crash

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news:8752-4B80A41F-477@storefull-

3173.bay.webtv.net:

Could be the end of the car and company IMHO. Hit *power* lines? unless it was something like lines between mountains strung *really* high, there should be no reason other than pilor error. You have fog, you fly high and use INS.

Reply to
fred

If I owned an Airplane, I would never take off in foggy/bad weather. I don't like to fly anyway. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news:29594-4B81C771-8810@storefull-

3172.bay.webtv.net:

Well, so long as you stick to the INS path when you land, you'll be fine. Flying at 4,000'-5,000' or higher (depending on the amount of coulds) would avoid any possible problem. I really, can't see any power lines over 500' above the airport, somebody must have fouled up badly.

My father flew years ago - both in WWII and several single engine planes, ending with a Mooney with retractable wheels that cruised at ca. 160Mph.

Reply to
fred

I DO like Aircraft though.I like to read about the latest design/technology about all kinds of Aircraft.All kinds of vehicles.About eight or nine years ago, Popular Mechanics magazine ran an article about a new type of Atomic powered Airplane, supposely safe even if it crashes. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3172.bay.webtv.net:

It takes a *lot* more than a crash to get a bomb or even a reactor overheating. Although the crash stopping the coolent pump could theoretically. Uranium isn't a chemical explosive after all.

Reply to
fred

Just not for the pilot

Reply to
AMuzi

AMuzi wrote in news:hlt19o$v31$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

It all depends how you mean crash. One where the plane plows into a mountain at 450Mph, of course not. One where the engine fails where we're dealing with a plane whose stall speed is below 140Mph, entirely possible. Planes can and do land without power. Pilots are trained how to do it.

Reply to
fred

It's pretty clearly pilot error.... and the fog lifted an hour or so afterward, too. Another death because somebody couldn't wait an hour more to get to their meeting.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Scott Dorsey) wrote in news:hlublu$opc$ snipped-for-privacy@panix2.panix.com:

That could be a tricky call - it's like saying what minute of the day it's going to rain. However, airport flyways don't have power lines crossing them, so the fact that he hit it has more to do with what he did *after* he took off than when.

Reply to
fred