Three small visible rust spots......

That you can see.

Does the bonnet one look like a bullet crease and the boot one look like a bullet hole? Some small time gangster having to shift his ride because it has become too known?

Or is it just me spending too much time in Moss side?

Reply to
Elder

Yes.

HTH

Reply to
JackH

'Have you ever considered moving somewhere less pikey?'

Reply to
SteveH

It's many, many years since I've been through Moss Side, is it still like that?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Visibly, on the streets, in daylight no, but it still goes on after dark.

The crackdown on knife crime has just meant the kids have bought guns instead. They seem to come in from eastern europe easier since the borders dropped. Seems some of them were left behind after various civil wars and made it over.

I don't tend to go through the really rough areas, but you see some very unsavoury characters hanging around the abandoned Repsol filling station on the Princess road.

Reply to
Elder

Elder gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Far, far too much time.

The boot lock's been replaced badly at some time - probably after being forced out by theiving toerags. The other two are on the same front wing

- arch and round the headlight. Bodged crash repair.

Reply to
Adrian

I bought that low mileage 216 GTi I had from a place in that sort of area - Chorlton, IIRC.

On the test drive, I went down this side road to find it completely blocked off halfway down by a area fenced off with a murder investigation portakabin sat in the middle.

Reply to
JackH

Only one previous owner but no service history. Means it's been clocked.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"Dave Plowman (News)" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Might not be.

I'm good at servicing on time, but never bother keeping the paperwork in order.

Reply to
Adrian

...and no crossmember left to speak of probably...!

tim

Reply to
Tim..

You buy a new Merc type car and service it yourself?

I keep all relevant receipts in a folder. Or several with the SD1.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"Dave Plowman (News)" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

No. But that's hardly "new" any more, is it?

Anyway, there's plenty of invoices & receipts for work done that I've mislaid over the years, as well as just notes of work/mileages and part invoices. Never underestimate my disorganisation.

Reply to
Adrian

No - but if it is one owner I'd expect there to be service history. It's a classic one losing the history - and lots of miles.

Oh I'm not organised. Some keep spreadsheets etc listing date and mileage. Not me. I just chuck all the receipts into the said folder. Do the same into different folders for most things other than groceries. Never know when the accountant might want real proof. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Mine go to the accountant. Service book is stamped up though.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp