Toyota 1999 Water Pump Self Replacement

Hi,

I have a 1999 Toyota Camry with 39k miles. The other day it's water pump broke with a lot of rattling noice and all the coolant leaked out of the engine, radiator and the reservoir. Did anyone have a personal experience in replacing the water pump themselves ? If so, how difficult is the job ? Can we do it ourself, and can the repair be done using jack stands or do we need to raise the vehicle high ? What all components need to be removed ? Any special precautions or tools needed ?

I have done other minor repairs like brakes etc. this would be my major repair, and hence am a little doubtful. I have read quite a bit on timing belt replacement and the problems an engine would have if not done properly. I am relying on the Haynes manual to do the job.

Any thoughts or experiences in this regard are highly appreciated.

Regards, John Edwards

Reply to
John Edwards