tuning information for cars

Dear Sir,

Where can I get the tuning information for cars and the equipments to be used to read the engine parameters.

The company show room here is charging the sky and as a consumer/ customer I feel I am entitled to get these information and should have the option to do it myself/any other garage.

I wonder why companies are not giving this information and insist that we go there only for tuning. My car is Opel Astra Club Class 2000 model

Shankar Prasad Mysore India

Reply to
shanks

Clearly, the manufacturers and the agencies are in this to make money for themselves. Even here in the USA it is sometimes hard to find the repair parts and total information to make home repairs easy.

Sources like Alldata can be helpful for some automobiles, but are not free. There are some free sources (Autozone.com) but I have no idea if they offer information specific to your car.

Best of luck

Reply to
hls

There are third-party manuals available for most cars. One brand is Haynes.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

About eight something years ago, I saw somewhere on the web that modern day cars can be tuned up with a Sony Play Station, something like that anyway. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

You can get an OBD-II connector (USB on other end) and software that will do it on your personal computer. Some video games can be hacked to act as PCs- don't know about PS.

Reply to
Don Stauffer