Turn Signal problems

I have a 94 Buick Skylark. The turn signals don't work.

I have tested the fuse and it is fine. I even switched the fuse with another fuse to be sure. The emergency lights all work, which tells me it isn't a bulb failure.

Any other ideas?

TIA.

BR

Reply to
Big Bubba

On most cars the emergency lights have their own flasher and a separate one for the turn signals, check that first before you blame the turn signal switch itself!

HTH, Rick

Reply to
ToolNut

Did you check the turn signal flasher ?

Reply to
Mike

"Big Bubba" wrote

We had one of those damn things (well, a similar model) in the shop a couple of weeks ago. I would really like to kill whoever designed it!

The hazard flasher, as we found by turning it on and listening, is conveniently located above your left foot, where any sane person would put it.

The turn signal flasher (those scummy bastards) was above/behind the "lower panel", on the right side of the steering column (huh???) above your right knee, crammed in behind various bundles of wires (freaking morons) and clipped to the edge of the metal "brace", with about 1/16" of slack (what kind of idiots...) in the wires. I actually had break three of my fingers so they'd bend the proper way to grab the damn thing. Okay, not really, but it would have made it a *hell* of a lot easier.

Reply to
MasterBlaster

The flasher.

Could also be the switch, although switch failures tend to affect only one side or the other.

Could be damaged wiring in the steering column too.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey