Turn signal problem on '02 Grand Am

Our '02 Grand Am has recently developed the following problem:

After making a turn, the turn signal shuts off, but goes into a fast clicking mode. The exterior turn signal lights are turned off and turn signal arrows on the instrument panel are off, but the clicking sound stays on as a fast click.

Sometimes while driving straight and not using the turn signal, the fast clicking noise will start (no lights come on) and then stop after a minute or so.

Could this just be a bad flasher? Can anyone tell me where the flasher is located on an '02 Grand Am?

Thanks,

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Common problem. Needs new turn signal switch.

Reply to
Neil Nelson

Don't think it's a bad flasher. More likely the turn signal switch.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

I found and replaced the flasher today. It is an all-in-one flasher and is actually the 4-way hazard switch/flasher. I still have the same problem with the new flasher/switch.

The flasher makes intermittent fast clicking sound, but no signal lights flash. This happens every couple minutes when driving straight (not using turn signals) and happens after using turn signals. When the turn signals turn off, the flasher makes a fast clicking noise for 10 or 20 seconds, then stops. Very irritating.

Any ideas?

Tom

Reply to
mabar