U.S. study finds driver error in most Toyota accidents

snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Scott Dorsey) wrote in news:i3v8e2$ghi$ snipped-for-privacy@panix2.panix.com:

The problem would be all the cars behind you annoyed at all the caltrops you dropped I imagine.

Reply to
chuckcar

Clive wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@yewbank.demon.co.uk:

Last minute suicide pact

Reply to
chuckcar

"C. E. White" wrote in news:mt-dnThtVN8zgf_RnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Pretty standard for accident investigation - you eliminate human error first because that's *always* the most common cause. In planes it's almost impossible to find other ones these days.

I still say that Toyota (at least the executive part) has handled this

*extremely* badly. They should have stuck by their guns and said "wait for the investigation to *find* the cause(s)". I can see at least one falling on his sword in the very near future. The CEO. It may even help their racing program. God knows they need to get the boardroom away from it.

"Toyota *hasn't* been exonerated". Typical unethical lawyer.

On another note, it's still clear that the web has a long way to go before it comes close to usenet's credibility - judging by the replies to that article at least.

Reply to
chuckcar

By your suggestion above, the statement is appropriate and correct. The investigation is not over.

Jeff

Reply to
dr_jeff

dr_jeff wrote in news:7-OdncJSyt5VaP7RnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Completely the opposite of what I was saying. The lawyer is stating that Toyota *was* at fault at one time and have had some minor repair to their reputation that hasn't removed the blame. Something that certainly the facts are showing *not* to be the case.

Reply to
APLer

We won't learn a thing from this media frenzy. This crap will be going on even with electric cars. The guys that know the facts will be ignored and guys that don't will continue to believe and preach that unconnected systems can suffer spontaneous and complete failures at the same time and not leave a trace. I can't wait for the next time it happens. :-)

Reply to
dsi1

dsi1 wrote in news:Or29o.60352$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe04.iad:

Again my apologies. I simply *must* stop posting and reading multiple groups at the same time.

It comes down to one thing IMHO: provincial nationalistic attitudes resident within backwards thinking (if that adjective can be even used) politicians. Japan has the exact same attitude towards imports, in fact in a more severe form.

Reply to
chuckcar

You could be right. It could also be racist attitudes, or a mistrust of automotive technology that one does not understand, or perhaps it's disinformation put out by Toyota's competitors or disgruntled Toyota employees. Maybe they're just trolling. Chose your poison.

Reply to
dsi1

He doesn't, but he is willing to make stuff up...

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

I have an old pair of white U.S.Army ''Mickey Mouse'' boots I bought at an Army surplus store about twenty years ago.One time when I was wearing those boots and driving my 1978 Dodge van, it was all too easy to hit the accelerator pedal and the brake pedal at the same time. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin