Update 98 Grand Marquis Performance post frame straightening

Recently posted here about my 98 Grand Marquis accident The upper control arm bracket was bent, and the spindle and stering knuckle. Had all of this repaired for $1032.00 When I first drove the car at 55 mph I got a moderate vibration at the steering wheel. The driver side front wheel was the point of impact. I replaced the front wheelwith the one that was previously on the rear (this wheel was stored in my garage because the snows are on the car now.) After replacing the wheel, the car drives vibration free at 75 mph.. Looks like the rim may be bent or simply the tire isway out of balance. I noticed scuffing on the inside ofthetire because after the accident we had to drive the car a short distance and the tire was rubbing the upper ball joint. I probably should trash the tire and get a new rim.

The bottom line is that all is not lost when the frame is bent. The car can be repaired to perform like new.

Hope my daughter doesn't total the car again.