98 Gran Marquis Accident Bent Wheel

My daughter was recently in an accident. She was hit broadsiide near the front wheel. The wheel is now bent so that the tire rubs agains the upper ball joint housing. I will have the car towed to a shop tommorow. I was wondering if this is a bad sign like a bent frame? Or is it simply a bent suspension part.

Frame?

Find a good shop that is capable of doing this sort of work. Not every body shop has the necessary equipment. A good shop can straighten frames, unibodies, etc very very well. This may only be a bent wheel, but leave it to experts to determine what it is.

Unfortunately, with a car of that age, the opposing insurance company may want to total it and give you pennies on the dollar. You could be in for a period that will test your skills of negociating and mediation.

Reply to
HLS

sounds like a bent control arm.

Reply to
m6onz5a

m wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

steel or allow wheel? alloy dont bend, they break...putting wheel/tire assy. on balance machine will show if there is a bend.....if the frame were bent the relationship between wheel and ball joint would remain as original. unless hit so hard everything is fubr....get on first name basis w/mr. bodyman so he understands you want safe, but reasonable, repair......btw: have you installed the temp. spare? they normally have much more clearance and may make it driveable. temporarely of course.......

Reply to
bill

Try here:

Paul

sounds like a bent control arm.

It could be a bent anything.. You wont know until you measure it and see what the hell is going on..

It is foolish to even speculate..

Reply to
HLS