Vanishing Point

1997 movie on the FMC channel right now.I didn't know there are two different Vanishing Point movies, I haven't seen this one before. There isn't anything that sounds as Good as a Dodge Hemi. cuhulin
Reply to
cuhulin

The remake is a pale shadow of the original. Cleavon Little was amazing in a way that nobody else could emulate.

Check out the original film... the engine sounds are very different (and is that an adjustable differential on that thing?)

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Once described as "The 99 minute Dodge Commercial..."

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

I have watched the original film numerous times before.I think that gal (in the original 1970 film) was wearing a flesh colored whatever it was from her waist down. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Not including the final 30 seconds, then?

But yeah, I loved the original as well, and was sorry it got remade. Same for 'Gone in 60 Seconds'. Good drive-in movies that should have been left alone. Almost without exception, remakes are a bad idea, even if they do well financially. They say nothing the first film didn't already say. Would anybody do a remake of 'Bullit?' Or 'Duel?'

If you are going to spend tens of millions making a film, spend a couple hundred grand and hire some writers, and write a new one. I think remakes mostly succeed only if there are enough young people who don't remember the first one.

Reply to
aemeijers

Right. Didn't hold up too well, did it?

Hey! I like the new Eleanor!