Voyager brake lines

1995 Plymouth voyager sport/se NON-ABS. Rear brake line has rusted through and started leaking was going to have it replaced when the mechanic explained that there is a aluminum metering?/pressure? Block and that he has never been able to get the brake lines off of one with out damaging the block. I've looked at it and tried myself to remove the brake line and it will not budge at this point. Does anyone know what this part does. [IMG]

It is halfway down the body, no wires attached just 2 brake lines coming from the proportioning valve up front and 2 lines going back (one to each rear wheel)

To me since this is a non-abs vehicle it looks like the factory had machined an adapter so they could replace the traction control modulator and still use the prebent abs brake lines. This is a $250+ dealer only part otherwise this would be a straight line swap.

Any one in the know please let me know.

TIA

Reply to
jdabreeze

sorry wrong photo

jdabreeze

"jdabreeze" wrote: 1995 Plymouth voyager sport/se NON-ABS.

[...]

Sorry, I have no personal knowledge of the part's function. If it is just an adapter, maybe it could be replaced by a couple of standard hydraulic elbow fittings.

Good luck.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan

\ I would first get the proper sizes flare wrenches for lines of this type. Then squirt the fittings with PB blaster. Let it sit. Add heat. squirt it again. Then try to take it off with the flair wrench. If you have to, cut the line close to the block (since it trash anyway) and use a deep well socket or such to apply more force to it after the heat and PB blaster treatment. You might get lucky.

On my taurus, i have some anti dive valve or such that has one in and two lines out on the rear brakes.

If you manage to get it off, you can use standard length brakes lines with the fittings already on and bend them to suit using the old lines as a template. Did that with my old mazda truck. I had a fitting on it that was a bitch to remove too.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Urz