Why buy a larger pickup instead of a smaller pickup

I want mine to have hot and cold running beer.

Reply to
clifto

A much more practical way to do it.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

A tv tray, that's the ticket! I used to own a 1967 Plymouth Fury four door hard top car. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

What you want for writing in the vehicle is a mobile desk unit. I had them in all the vans I ran. Most connect to the passenger seat attachment bolts or strap to the seat frame. Used them for the laptop when I wasn't writing out service reports. I made one like the pro desk unit using some aluminum channel and an adjustable head for one of the old displays we had. The top I made from a cheap plastic cutting board. I also added an inverter mounted to the upright to power the laptop and to test other equipment.

There is also this type

Steve W.

Essential features for *my* truck:

- 3/4 ton or more for those times I need to haul a load of soil or rock.

- 4WD for those times I need to get to places that 2WD just won't get.

- Good batteries that can start the truck after weeks of neglect.

- Manual transmission.

Currently, my truck is a 1988 Ford F-250 standard cab, 4WD with the 7.3L IDI diesel. She's got about 350,000 miles on her and is still able to limp along at or about the speed limit. Whether or not I'm towing a sailboat, have a full sized camper in the bed or towing my tractor on a trailer behind her.

Things I'd like to have:

- That one missing wing window for when it's cold out.

- A solution to the oil consumption problem that doesn't involve valve/ring work.

- Fresh paint.

Reply to
TomO

Fresh paint? you wuss. The only time a truck should see paint after the assembly line is if you spill some in the box. That's a truck. ;)

Reply to
Ray

True that. What was I thinking! Still, just remembering when she was still in her first 100K miles, all that gleaming paint. Oh well.

Reply to
TomO

There is the intimidation factor with the larger ones. I have two friends who admitted they bought a large pickup or SUV for its intimidation value when they tailgate someone.

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota