why is my car crying

Is it normal for a car to drop some clear liquid as soon as its parked during hot summer days? Thanks.

Reply to
lala

"lala" wrote

It is if you have the A/C on. One of the metal lines gets hot, the other one gets covered in frost. Park the car, the frost melts, the water drips on the ground.

Reply to
MasterBlaster

Not just that - when the A/C is operating it dehumidifies the air going into the cabin, and that drains out the bottom of the car.

Reply to
Masospaghetti

Yes the A/C is on almost always. I seriously thought that something's wrong with my car.

Then what will happen when the heater is on during the winter season? Thanks for the tip.

Reply to
lala

It will drip water again, when the heater core blows. OTherwise nothing :)

nate

Reply to
N8N

If it has A/C and you've had it turned on, I'd be shocked shitless if it

*DIDN'T* drip on a hot day. It's called condensation - You *CAN* get it on a poorly insulated "cold side" line (somewhere under the hood, but since you don't mention year, make, or model, no telling exactly where you'd go looking for that), although I'd expect that to take at least a couple minutes to "defrost" and start dripping, and you *WILL* get it from the evaporator (the part inside under the dash that does the job of making the air cold) due to the fact that the A/C also acts as a dehumidifier. What it pulls out of the air, it has to get rid of somewhere, and that usually means some kind of catch-pan with a hose to "somewhere outside". That's the more likely source, since that water doesn't usually get cold enough to freeze to the evaporator.
Reply to
Don Bruder

"lala" wrote

The floor will get wet as the heater melts the snow off your boots. :)

Reply to
MasterBlaster

That is you, not the car. The human body expels at least a quart(.7 litres) of water a day. Just breathing does this. Your car takes it out of the air and drips it onto the pavement. No, don't worry.

wws

Reply to
wws

No, his air conditioner is crying from all that heat. If he turns off the air conditioner the car will stop crying.

Reply to
clifto

There ought'a be a poem in there, somewhere cars crying, drivers whining I'm a goin' over there, right over there least 'til the sun starts shining

(runs and hides)(fast)

Reply to
wws