04 Corolla: aftermarket cruise control?

Another little issue with this car is lack of cruise control. There is a blank switch position to the left of the steering column I could use for cruise on/off. Does anyone know of a good aftermarket cruise control I could get? I can install myself, no problem. I did this years ago with a Tercel I had.

Reply to
geronimo

I installed an aftermarket unit by Rostra in my 07 Corolla, but it's a fly by wire throttle. I don't remember if they changed over to FBW in 04 or 05. If it's still the old style then you will need to install both the controller and a separate throttle control unit under the hood.

With my 07 I only needed to install the inside unit---of course I did have to cut a hole in the steering column cover for it to fit through, but the connector and mounting holes were already installed. I just had to connect it and attach the screws.

Google Rostra controls and see if their Corolla kit fits the 04 model.

Reply to
Sean Elkins