'04 Sienna iPod interface recommendations?

My wife has a 2004 Sienna with the JBL audio system, but no navigation, DVD player or CD changer. I'd like to put in an iPod adapter that'll allow me to control the iPod from the steering wheel controls.

Does anybody have any recommendations?

--Paul

** Note "removemunged" in email address and remove to reply. **
Reply to
Paul Wylie

Crutchfield has adapters with a remote control for the iPod but I've never seen one that allows to use the factory steering wheel controls.

Reply to
Ray O

I have the predecessor unit to this installed in my 2004 Prius for iPod integration with the touch screen/display and dash/steering wheel controls, so I don't have experience with it in a Sienna (but the site claims it'll work for all Toyota/Lexus). Keep an eye out on some dedicated Toyota forums, as occasionally Vais Tech will offer a group buy pricing if you're willing to wait.

mrv

Thanks for the info. Any particular Toyota forums where you remember seeing it offered for group buy?

--Paul

** Note "removemunged" in email address and remove to reply. **
Reply to
Paul Wylie

I tend to only hang out in Prius forums... However, the last group buy I saw was actually offered on the vaistech forums:

Hey, the most recent group buy is still open! But the configurator on the purchase site only lists the 2004 Sienna with factory navigation, though. 8(

I've also heard some reviews for the DICE Electronics (formerly Denison) iPod integration kits as well. Their online configurator has no problems suggesting an iPod kit for a 2004 Sienna. (and they're a little less expensive than the Vais Tech products)

Good luck with your decision!

Reply to
mrv

snipped-for-privacy@kluge.net wrote: [...]

Bummer. I'll have another look, but that doesn't sound encouraging.

Have you heard anything about USA Spec? They're about half the price of the SoundLinQ SLI.

Thanks!

--Paul

** Note "removemunged" in email address and remove to reply. **
Reply to
Paul Wylie

I don't recall hearing of a "USA Spec" brand, good/bad or anything. But my experience is with Prius lists (not Sienna), and frankly, since I have the Vais AIC-100i (predecessor to the SoundLinQ SLI) on my 2004 Prius (now sold to a family member), I don't really pay much attention anymore to the iPod integration threads (so it is possible that I've missed a discussion of a "USA Spec" product).

Sorry I can't be of more help!

Reply to
mrv