16 oz calibrated container for BG-44k?

Does anyone sell a calibrated glass jar ( with each ounce marked on the side ) that's rated to hold volatile liquids like BG-44K?

I have a 4 cylinder Toyota and the 11 oz cans they sell are for 8 cylinder cars, so I figure I can save money if I can find a suitable and safe container for dividing it up and keeping half for the next oil change.

Reply to
ANON

ANON wrote in news:Xns996CB77A830BAnonanonyyy@216.196.97.142:

T'ain't the glass jar that needs to be rated for volatile substances, it's the cap.

You can yourself mark up any glass Mason jar for the ounces it will hold, but you cannot control for the evaporation of a volatile substance.

I once tried to keep some methylene chloride (di-chloromethane) in a tighly-closed glass juice bottle for a period of six months. By that time it had evaporated completely, having exited past the polymer gasket which was interposed between the steel cap and the glass bottle neck. Now THAT's volatile!

Reply to
Tegger

You could try a chemical flask with a matching glass stopper. It may be tight enough to work for you. They are used in labs for volatile chemicals. Maybe something like a small carboy may work as well. They sell what I mentioned through chemical and lab supply outlets. Just a thought.

Reply to
user

I would get two soda bottles, and empty the fluid into both of them until the levels in to two bottles are equal. Then pour the fluid that I don't use back into the bottles. I do mean bottles. BG 44K comes in a

12-oz bottle, too.
However, this is something you're supposed to add to the fuel, not the engine oil. However, I would recommend against using this. The oil companies already have additives that clean injectors and stuff. You're wasting your money with this. If you're talking about BG MOA,
I would recommend using synthetic oil instead. If you insist on wasting your money on this, you probably need to use almost the whole can. I would take the number of quarts of oil that goes into the engine (4 or 5), divide by 5, and add that amount of MG MOA to the oil (so 4/5 of a can for a 4 quarts of oil, a whole can for a 5 quart capacity. However, you get better protection with synthetic oil than you do with wasting your money of this crap. Jeff
Reply to
Jeff

That's what I meant, the BG-44K, not the MOA. I've been using it for years now.

I don't think so, the engine seems to run better after every time I add it.

Reply to
ANON

I suspect that it is your imagination.

jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I am generally not a fan of additives for coolant, oil, fuel, ATF, etc., but fuel injector cleaners that you add to the fuel is the exception. Fuel injector cleaners with OEM brand names like Toyota, Chevron Techron, and BG seem to work well. Even so, I do not recommend adding fuel injector cleaner routinely because the stuff has a tendency to dissolve the lining on flexible fuel lines, so use only as an attempt to cure drivability problems.

Reply to
Ray O

I generally use so called "top tier" gasoline usually 76 or chevron but I do add a bottle of techron to the fuel at each oil change (about 3k miles) as added protection.

Ron in Ca

Reply to
ron